I finally got a new computer!


Know what really grinds my gears…?

 

Anyone remember that episode of Family Guy? Am I the only one willing to admit that I ever watched that show? Awesome.

 

Well anyway, what really grinds my gears is that computer manuals are now all online. A while ago my old commuters bit the bullet and while I was content to snag D’s work computer every now and then, my generous parents bought me my own laptop while they were out here for their visit. Thanks Mom and Dad! So I go to upload Baby girl’s year old picture (and her eleven month old ones…feel free to judge my lack of maternal care and child-growth documentation when you have a two year old, a just barely one year old and are pregnant with twins. Anyone throwing stones? No? Good.) Anyway, I’m trying to upload the pictures when I am told that I don’t have internet connection. The solution (after running the limited diagnostics I remember from my 7th grade computer class) was to turn on my wireless switch. Easy peasy.

IF ONLY I KNEW WHERE THE DANG THING WAS!

I go to the quick start manual that was included in my computer packaging and it is super helpful telling me how to plug one end of the power cord into the computer and the other into a wall. Not so helpful with any actual operating information, like where my wireless switch is. You know where I can find all of that? Online.

Know what I need to get online?

My wireless switch turned on.

See my problem?

So while I really appreciate my snazzy new laptop, at the moment it is an expensive photo album and sometime journal. I’d call it a blog but those, unlike this computer, are online.

I hope this entry isn’t completely obsolete by the time I figure out how to turn on the mythical wireless switch. ‘Cause when I do this is going on the blog.


***UPDATE***

Turns out my connection problem was my actually internet router. The little light was "ON" my computer's wireless thing the whole time. Shoulda paid more attention in that computer class.
 

Comments

Popular Posts