Moving

I've decided I'm the World Champ dabble-moving. If there were an Olympic Sport for such an activity, this girl would be standing on the top podium, happily humming along to the Star-Spangled Banner. For you plebs not in the know, dabble-moving is when your brain only dabbles at the idea of moving, so that the act of packing becomes this adventure in picking up random crap and instead of boxing it up, you just move it to another spot in the house. Currently I have my toiletries in the living room, dishes in an open box near the bathroom and my bedroom is still 100% intact. Dirty clothes on the floor and all.

Dabble-Moving is a good motivator to write though. I'd rather do this than check on utilities at the new place. Just thinking about swapping all of that crap over is giving me anxiety. For a girl who has literally moved 1+x/yr since she was 17, this is a super stressful one. You'd think I'd have this act down but inevitably, I'm going to wake up Saturday with all my clothes still in drawers and have to scramble and throw all of them in bags. Of course, it'll be such a mad dash that I'll get the clean and dirty lots throw in together so that when we finally do get to our new place, I'll get to spend an entire afternoon cleaning clothes that are already clean. We'll need a washer and dryer first. Details....

Comments

Popular Posts