If I had been in that attic with Anne Frank the diary would have been a heck of a lot shorter. For real, how in the world does a 9 year old little girl have the discipline to write all those entries over the course of several months while I'm sitting here struggling to pop out a monthly blog entry.

My excuse is going to be Baby. That and moving. So I don't remember the last little update I gave but in the 21 days since I posted, we've decided we're moving 3.5 hours south, to a small-ish town called Roseburg. Beyond moving far away from any (OK, the 1 or 2) friends I have here, we've also chosen to make our new home in a doublewide. Now, I'm no snob and I'm not too good to live in a manufactured home, but my itch comes from the fact that if it weren't for my husband's 20' sled, we'd be able to live in a decent, new home in a neighborhood where I could possibly meet other mothers of newer babies. But, as my husband has very few interest and is religious about the ones he does have, I didn't think I could offer a storage unit as a viable option. He doesn't like being away form the boat. He says he likes it close by so that he can make any repairs if need be, but I secretly think he likes petting it every night when he comes home from work. For real, I know my husband loves me, but the man is IN LOVE with his boat.

So, on top of trying to pack up the whole house, keep it clean, work out and lose baby weight, and OH! take care of the baby, I now get to think of ways to make the new house hospitable instead of tacky retro (did I mention it was manufactured in the early 80's--nothing says "Welcome Home" like 3 different colors of carpet and paneled-in, faded wallpaper). I also get to figure out how to landscape the "yard" which should be a blast since I have a black thumb. The property the house is on is a crossed fenced section of 5 acres. The bulk of the land is pasture but the fence in which the home sits is a gravel lot. Yes, a gravel lot. Someone is gonna be making a pretty penny off of my soon-to-be-purchased hanging planters and Shepard's hooks.

The house is currently for sale (and has been for four years). My secret goal is to make the place look awesome so that someone will come and buy it from under us so that D and I have to buy our first home. Driving around our new town it was interesting for me to see these gorgeous 45 acre horse farms butted up against manufactured homes and .14 lots. I've already secured a promise from D for the former when we purchase our first place. Not that I'd ride the horses or anything, I just think they'll look quire picturesque against the hills which will be the backdrop for my large white farmhouse with the wraparound front porch.

Comments

Popular Posts