What a Difference Two Weeks Makes!

Two weeks or there abouts. I'm crawling back to the edge of normalcy after the flu attacked our household and attacked it hard. Little girl got it last and is just now starting to smile through the snot stream that is constantly running down her face.

Because I have been occupied with diarrhea and gagging on phlegm (the glamorous job of a mom never ends) the house has gone to pot so this will be a brief, bulletined entry to catch everyone (Mom) up on the last couple of weeks:

-Flu bug sucks. Big Girl brought it home to everyone and of course rebounded just as I was getting chills and body aches and generally not able to lift my head, much less my entire body so I could shake my money-maker like she demands on a frequent basis with the command of, "Dance! Dance!"

-We MIGHT be moving. We're under contract for our first home and I am really excited. I'm not usually good at waiting on God and trying to live in His will (I'm ashamed to admit that I, like a lot of people, feel there is not a thing wrong with MY will and I'm often fooled into thinking He should get with my program, and not vice versa.) Stupid, stupid sinner. BUT! He has done a good work in me and I'm actually feeling very at peace with the whole house process. If it's meant to be, I'll be over the moon. If not, I'll be upset but not crushed because I have faith God has something even better in store for my little family.

-Little Girl is sitting up all by herself! At 7 months old, she's about 3.5 months ahead of the curve her sister set.

-It's hard to find the balance between being a good, fun mom who lets her daughters dress in "princess" dresses (read: incredibly expensive dresses Gammie ships to the girls that they'll never have a legitimate excuse for wearing here in granola land) and being the scary Chinese Tiger mom who forces her kids into only academic pursuits and keeps them firmly smushed under her thumb. No, I don't want to beat my kids or stifle their creativity but really, when is OK to tell Bean that "No" is not an appropriate response to EVERY question I ask?

Like I said, there is a lot going on right now but I'm starving, I need to edit Gegg's 7 month pictures and both kids are sleeping so I'm gonna go try and accomplish something.

Comments

Popular Posts